While it's true that a majority of us go out and party in order to get away from the massive list of rules we must abide by in everyday life, we should still follow a few simple rules when we head out on the weekend. This will ensure that you, and everyone around you has an awesome night. Now while some of the rules below seem a little obvious, we suggest having a quick skim over them even if it's just to make sure that you're not falling under the don't section.
Let's face it. No one likes waiting, and unless you're one of the fortunate few who knows the owner or the bouncer, you're likely to encounter the dreaded line out the front of the club.
- Be patient, everyone is waiting. Remember you're not the only one who wants to party
- Be polite to other people in line
- Be friendly and respectful to the person tending the door. After all your night of partying is essentially in their hands
- Plan ahead. If it’s cold out bring a jacket!
- Don't “Hold” spaces in line for your friends. This is a sure fire way of aggravating others in line. If your friends are late they can wait at the end of the line, just like everyone else
- Don't hassle the staff because it's taking too long to get in
- Don't have too many pre-drinks before you arrive at the club. Barely being able to stand in line is not a good look, and it lowers your chances of getting in
What you wear is a personal matter entirely, but here's a few of the main Do's and Don'ts when it comes to nightlife fashion:
- Dress appropriately. Most clubs have a strict dress code, so it’s always better to come prepared than to be sent back home to change your shoes or shirt
- Ladies, only bring the essentials. A clutch that carries your phone, money, ID and lipstick is enough
- Wear perfume/cologne on your night out. It’s courteous to people around you who are going to be sharing personal space
- Girls, if your highest heels are uncomfortable don’t wear them!
- Try not to spray too much perfume/cologne. Clubs are usually closed spaces. It's not nice to choke fellow guests
Gender Specific Tips
Do's and Don'ts for Guys:
- Do politely attempt to chat with that girl that catches your eye
- Don’t assume that because a girl is at the club she wants to meet someone. Girls enjoy dancing and going out with friends so don't just
- Do travel with women. This not only increases the chance of you getting into the door quicker, but they might help bring other women into the group
Do’s and Don’ts for Girls:
- Do bring cash. Don't expect to have everything paid for
- Do not assume that because you look amazing you should be allowed in before anyone else in line
- If you have had a lot to drink…Don’t text and put your mobile away (this applies for guys as well!)